The Detention Facility is the central holding location for all law enforcement agencies in Eagle County, including local police departments. The facility houses inmates and pre-trial detainees who have been committed to the custody of the sheriff. The staff of the facility is responsible for all booking and classification of inmates, security, medical services and transportation.
The facility is designed to accommodate:
- minimum, medium and maximum security housing units,
- room for male and female inmates in separate areas,
- a direct supervision dormitory-style housing unit.
How do I bond an inmate?
- PAY BOND online.
- Find out more about the different types of bonds, including adding funds to an inmate's account and other FAQ’s.
- Find out more about the legal rights related to posting bond here, and Eagle County Sheriff's Office bonding policy.
- Lodge a bond complaint.
WEEKEND BOND HEARINGS & COURT DOCKETS
During the weekend, Eagle County bond hearings are scheduled for 8:45AM. To watch the bond hearings, please go to live.coloradojudicial.gov and click on the Bond Hearing Office 1 live stream.
Weekday court docket lists can also be found at live.coloradojudicial.gov.
JAIL PROGRAMS & OPPORTUNITIES
Community partnerships with jail programs are important to us and we desire to develop long-term relationships for the benefit of the detainees. The selection process for volunteer positions involves an application, background investigation, and orientation.
Jail programs consist of:
- Volunteer programs: Ministry, AA, and yoga.
- CMC Connect: a partnership between the jail and Colorado Mountain College to offer different educational topics through the year.
- General Equivalency Diploma (GED) testing.
- Additional Behavioral Health programming and support.
The objective of these collective activities is to prevent the inmate's return to jail following release and provide expanded opportunities for them upon release. For information on volunteering, visit our volunteer page.
Applicants must apply online for each position they wish to be considered. Only those applicants who have successfully completed their applications will be considered for the position. Due to the nature of law enforcement, extensive pre-employment testing, pre-employment background checks and post-offer testing is completed in consideration for any position with the Eagle County Sheriff’s Office.
- Positions available at the Eagle County Sheriff’s Office.
- What Qualifications are needed? And what might disqualify you?
Eagle County Detentions; Mission, Vision and Values
- MISSION : The Eagle County Detention Facility promotes the safety of Eagle County by establishing and maintaining a high professional level of jail standards, utilizing best practices within jail operations, and hiring professional and committed employees.
- VISION : The Eagle County Detention Facility will be one of the premier jail facilities in the country through the use of cutting edge technology, wise use of financial resources, and high-level management of our inmate population.
- VALUES : Compassion, Competence, Dedication, Integrity, Pride, and Teamwork
- Personal visits are only allowed by video daily: 7:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m./ 1:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m./7:30 p.m.-11:00 p.m.
- Visitors must first create an account at www.inmatecanteen.com to process all visits.
- Each visitation is limited to (1) 20 minute visit in a 48 hour period at no charge.
- Video visits with an inmate are allowed, while you are not on site at the jail. Off-site video visits are not limited in the amount of video visits allowed, but are limited to 20 minutes per-session.
- Visitors must first create an account at www.inmatecanteen.com to process all visits
- If you choose to visit off-site, by video, you will be charged a $0.39 per minute fee
Mail may be sent to an inmate at the Eagle County Jail addressed as follows:
Inmate's Full Name
PO Box 359
Eagle, CO 81631
All incoming mail is opened and inspected for contraband and incoming funds. Outgoing or incoming mail may be rejected and returned to sender if there is reason to believe that it may contain inappropriate materials. Privileged / Legal mail will be opened and sealed in an Officer's presence. Only mail to/from the inmate's attorney or record will be considered privileged mail. Incoming legal mail should be clearly marked "Legal Mail" on the envelope and the address of the sender must be typed or printed to indicate the source or origin. Incoming legal mail will be inspected in the presence of the inmate to whom it is addressed.
When an inmate calls you, you will be given the Telewest Customer Service number(866) 797-5578 over the phone. This is the jail's telephone provider. You will be connected to customer service, and asked to push a specific number to be connected to the inmate calling you.
To leave messages for inmates go to www.inmatecanteen.com.
- Online at www.inmatecanteen.com. This is the jail's approved online vendor. Select the Eagle County facility, select the inmate, and then use your credit or debit card to pay or call 1-715-690-2965.
- Lobby Kiosk: Cash. You may come to the jail at 885 Chambers Ave, in Eagle, and use cash at the kiosk in the lobby to put money on an inmate's account.
- Hours: Monday-Friday 7:00-9:00am & 8:00-10:30pm. Saturday-Sunday 7:00-11:00 am & 8:00-10:30 pm
- A $30 cash fee must be paid before having your fingerprints taken.
- Bring identification and a printed copy of the paperwork from the court.
The men and women of the Eagle County Sheriff's Office take great pride in serving and protecting the residents and guests of Eagle County. Every day deputies and civilian employees surpass duty's call and when that happens we'd like to know about it.
If you received extraordinary service from a sheriff's office employee, or witnessed something that deserves special recognition, we encourage you to tell us so we may share your thoughts with that employee and with the Eagle County Sheriff's Office family. Your appreciation and encouragement are important to us.
Please include all the information you can remember such as the employee's name, the date, time and circumstances of the incident regarding your commendation.
- Compliments and Complaints will be accepted by completing the following FORM -OR- you can contact dispatch to be connected to an on-duty Patrol Sergeant directly at 970-479-2201.
Please include all the information you can remember such as the employee's name, the date, time, and circumstances of the incident regarding your commendation.
Compliments and Complaints will be accepted by completing the following FORM -OR- you can contact dispatch to be connected to an on-duty Patrol Sergeant directly at 970-479-2201, -OR- to speak with a Detentions Sergeant call (970) 328-8500.